knowledge about the space
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

knowledge about the space

+28
rockback
bestseoservices
avn
pavithra194
kreams
bhovika
vivan
goldjothi
osenorman
miththu
language
Sarah
rahulmittal
priyasharma
poonamthacker
Harry
RONALDO
Brett
manoj
vireshwar
amardeep
ramchander
rahul kumar
kittyatwork
jitendrakumar
nitesh
jitendersemwal
Admin
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

knowledge about the space Empty knowledge about the space

Post  Admin Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:06 pm

There was a time when the only interaction the general public had with space exploration was passively via the media. Consequently, many people felt indifferent to space missions as they just didn't connect with them on a personal level.

That was pre-1996, and since then we have had the opportunity to actively participate in the exploration of space by sending our name toward the stars.

Now the names of millions of individuals sit on Mars or cling to an asteroid. And another batch slammed into a comet at over six miles per second. Those are toast.

NASA recently announced another opportunity to fly high. Anyone can get their name aboard the Glory satellite, the first mission dedicated to understanding the effects of particles in the atmosphere and the sun's temper on our climate. Participants will get a printable certificate and have their names recorded on a microchip aboard the spacecraft. The deadline to submit Nov. 1.

How did it all begin?

"The Planetary Society started flying members names as far back as Mars Pathfinder and the failed Mars '96, both launched in 1996," explained Bruce Betts, director of projects at the Planetary Society (TPS). "Name collection started with Cassini when the Planetary Society collected physical signatures and scanned them into electronic form to prepare them for a 1997 launch. It started as a way to let people feel more directly connected to space missions."

With the exception of two unfortunate spacecraft whose cargo of monikers lie at the bottom of the ocean, a total of 14 spacecraft have carried names into space.

Later this year, NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) is due to carry a microchip containing names submitted by the public using an online form. More than 1 million names were collected (the submission process has ended).

LRO is destined to end its days by crashing into the lunar surface, vaporizing the microchip. But that does not dampen the great spirit of participation invoked by sending your name into space.

"When people send their names on spacecraft, they often feel a greater sense of ownership and of interest in that mission. It inspires kids and adults to participate, even in so simple a way and gets them learning more about space." Betts said.

Not all missions to carry names end their days in such dramatic fashion as LRO. The CD affixed to the New Horizons spacecraft bound for Pluto will accompany the craft as it flies past Pluto and out of our solar system giving those whose names are etched onto the disc an eternal legacy.

"It is a quest for immortality (time capsule concept) for themselves or their family members," Betts told SPACE.com. "It is inspiring to feel that your name is going out to the far reaches of the solar system, it is different, it is easy to participate in, and it makes people feel a part of true exploration."

The disc aboard New Horizons could survive for billions perhaps even trillions of years, so when will it and others scattered about our solar system pass their use by dates?

"Silica glass DVDs like the ones we flew on the Mars Exploration Rovers and the [Mars Phoenix Lander] are extremely durable. Forever is a long time, but we do believe they will last in readable condition for at least many hundreds of years." Betts said.

It goes without saying that Betts' name has been carried into space many times, but one mission in particular is written on his heart: The Phoenix Mars Lander.

"In part because it is the most recent to arrive [on Mars], in part because it includes a library of Martian related literature and art in addition to names. But, I'm awfully fond of the Mars Exploration Rovers and all the other many places our names are headed."

Admin
Admin

https://space.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty about space

Post  jitendersemwal Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:46 pm

I read your article on knowledge about space and I found this article is very knowledgeable. Yes I agree that some time ago knowledge about space & space mission are very low and only scientists have knowledge but now common people are aware of space program and the entire space mission.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Phoenix flowers cheapest loans casas vilafranca ringtone downloads

jitendersemwal

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty Re: knowledge about the space

Post  nitesh Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi..
I appreciate the steps of NASA towards connecting a common man to the space in such a interesting way. I hope this will encourage the curiosity of people to explore more about space.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Houston Gift Shop loans with no credit check pisos vilafranca download iPhone ringtones

nitesh

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty Space Mission

Post  jitendrakumar Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:34 am

Hi

This is very informative and knowledgeable site which is quite helpful in every field of human beings. I really appreciate it. There is some information of NASA and his space mission, we all know about NASA. It is a good website for sharing information and knowledge.

Jitendra kumar

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Local florists list no credit check loans anuncios vilafranca del penedes download cell phone ringtones

jitendrakumar

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty Nasa

Post  kittyatwork Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:43 am

Hi everyone,
Well, I read your article and your article is really interesting and good. I am looking for these types of sites and I appreciated it. This site gives us more information about NASA and NASA’s space mission. Thanks a lot for giving these types of sites. thanks.
kitty
____________________________________________________________________________________
Find a florist in Phoenix cheapest loans casas vilafranca ringtone downloads

kittyatwork

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:07 am

hi,

This site includes all the information about the space it's really helpful to me becaue i was wanting to know more and more knowledge about the space and this could only be possible through this site so many many thanks to the site developer.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Deepak.

Buy flowers in Houston no credit check loans pisos vilafranca ringtones for the iPhone

Admin
Admin

https://space.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty Nasa

Post  rahul kumar Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:28 am

Hello,

this site contain all the information about the space this is very interesting topic and i am so much eager to read this kind of topic. I really loking for these kind of site from which i can get some information about the space and also about NASA.

thanks.........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Local florists list no credit check loans anuncios vilafranca del penedes download cell phone ringtones

rahul kumar

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty SPACE

Post  ramchander Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:37 pm

The concept of space has been of interest for philosophers and scientists for much of human history. The term is used somewhat differently in different fields of study, hence it is difficult to provide an uncontroversial and clear definition outside of specific defined contexts. Earlier man used to live very hard life. He had to do everything manually. Transport facilities were not good but science has made tremendous changes in our life. Man has visited even in the space. Now there are so many unsolved questions like “Is there life on any other planet in space” etc.

ramchander

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty Nasa science center

Post  amardeep Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:36 pm

HI,
it will be the great, by the nasa help we are going to know about space deeply. it is great achivement of the scientiest inventing such incredible thing.
________________________________________________________________________________
Houston Gift Shop loans with no credit check pisos vilafranca download iPhone ringtones

amardeep

Back to top Go down

Post  vireshwar Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:39 pm

hi...
it is a strange but a good step of NASA in regard to attaching a common man to the space exploration. By this people will be more aware and curious to about the life in outer space and i will also thanks to you to giving a such information.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vireshwar

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty new...................

Post  manoj Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:56 pm

Arrow Arrow Arrow Hi !
I am a new for this site and I read the whole article, I like that very much. This is most useful site for the science students because it has more information about the space, which is help to all students and learners.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
manoj

Phoenix flowers cheapest loans casas vilafranca ringtone downloads

Last edited by manoj on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dfgf)

manoj

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty Knowledge of space

Post  Brett Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi,
Thanks for giving such Important informations about space. I appreciate your work.I am a student of
geology so please suggest me some more links about this. Really good job

Houston virtual florist loans with no credit check pisos vilafranca ringtones for the iPhone

Brett

Back to top Go down

Post  RONALDO Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:01 pm

HELLO,

This site contains the whole knowledge about the space and this is very useful to know about the space i like the information about the earth which are given in this site because we are living on this planet.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Buy flowers in Houston no credit check loans pisos vilafranca ringtones for the iPhone

RONALDO

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty Our Universe

Post  Harry Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:37 pm

This forum aware us about our space. There is lot to know more about space even scientists are unaware about the space. They are still trying to get the knowledge about space. Recently they have launched LHC(large hydron collider), but due to some failure it was slow down for some period. I always eager to know about space this site help to know more about space.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Houston Best Florist loans with no credit check pisos vilafranca download iPhone ringtones

Harry

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty NASA has a way ahead.

Post  poonamthacker Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:22 am

Hi all,
I am so glad to have found this topic. I have always been interested in the new inventions by NASA.
The kind of inventions that NASA has done off late are unique. All informations given here are so interesting and knowledgable. NASA is doing a great job. Hatts off to them.
poonam
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
texas investment properties Car Transport

poonamthacker

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty Hi everyone.

Post  priyasharma Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:32 am

Hi friends,
I'm new to this site. It is really a mystery in our records that science and technology is so innovative that the new inventions are launching on a wide scale. The kind of inventions they create are very commendable.
Priya
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Phase One Car Transport

priyasharma

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty Re:

Post  rahulmittal Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:25 am

This is very informative and knowledgeable site which is quite helpful in every field of human beings. I really appreciate it. There is some information of NASA and his space mission, we all know about NASA. It is a good website for sharing information and knowledge.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Rahul

digital backs family dentistry raleigh

rahulmittal

Back to top Go down

knowledge about the space Empty Hello

Post  Sarah Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:35 am

It is seriously very informative and knowledgeable forum
I am very keen to read all about space as I have huge interest in space
Thanks

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  language Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:03 pm

Hello Friends,
The concept of space has been of interest for philosophers and scientists for much of human history. The term is used somewhat differently in different fields of study, hence it is difficult to provide an uncontroversial and clear definition outside of specific defined contexts.
bounce , Smile , Embarassed , Shocked
=========================================================================

dallas mortgage companies general dentistry raleigh

language

Back to top Go down

Post  miththu Thu May 13, 2010 3:51 am

I dont think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this
subject as you do.Youre truly well informed and very intelligent.
You wrote something that people could understand and
made the subject intriguing for everyone.

miththu

Back to top Go down

Post  osenorman Mon May 17, 2010 12:54 am

I read your article on knowledge about space and I found this article is very knowledgeable. Yes I agree that some time ago knowledge about space & space mission are very low and only scientists have knowledge but now common people are aware of space program and the entire space mission.

osenorman

Back to top Go down

Post  goldjothi Thu May 20, 2010 8:05 am

I appreciate the steps of NASA towards connecting a common man to the space in such a interesting way. I hope this will encourage the curiosity of people to explore more about space.

goldjothi

Back to top Go down

Post  vivan Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:40 pm

It is a quest for immortality (time capsule concept) for themselves or their family members," Betts told SPACE.com. "It is inspiring to feel that your name is going out to the far reaches of the solar system, it is different, it is easy to participate in, and it makes people feel a part of true exploration.

vivan

Back to top Go down

Post  bhovika Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:04 am

bhovika

Back to top Go down

Post  kreams Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:50 am

This is very informative and knowledgeable site which is quite helpful in every field of human beings.

kreams

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next